Am I Ready For College?

Preparation for college isn't just about preparing your mind. Although that is a large part of the college experience, learning to live on your own and be accountable for your actions is even more important. For many, the transition from high school to college is too hard to handle.

In a large aspect, absolutely. I’ve been anxiously awaiting the freedom and awesome nature of college. I’ve been longing for those seminar style classes where I can take in information and learn, and then go to the professors afterward and take in more information. I’m also excited about meeting tons of new people. And yeah yeah, I know most people reading this are going, he is just excited about meeting all of the beautiful girls. And those people….well you’d definitely be right  . Seriously though, I am strongly looking forward to making new friends and meeting people from all walks of life. 

I really hope I can get in this time around and start my musical career at University of the Assumption off right.I’m looking forward to reconnecting with those people I haven’t connected with in so long. I’ve shared some of the greatest memories of my life with them, so it will be nice to reconnect. My classes…whew they will be tough, but I think I have someone I’ve met before in each one of them, which will certainly be nice! I’ve got all of my stuff packed and ready to go for school, save for my clothes and a couple other things. And of course, most importantly of all, I just can’t wait to get there and be a Blue Pelicans and join the long list of prestigious alumni!

In an equally large aspect however, no. The independence I’m about to have is amazing…but it’s pretty scary. I’m really worried about getting up on time and making it to all of my classes on time. I’m worried about staying focused. I’m worried about the independence and being away from home. I’m worried about summer reading.I’ve just got so much getting ready to be thrust upon me, it’s really scary to say the least.

So am I ready for college? Like I said, I’ve asked myself this question a lot.

After a lot of evaluation however, I keep coming up with the same answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment